Layaway is available in stores this holiday season from September 12, 2014 through December 15, 2014. Certain store locations offer layaway year round for jewelry purchases only. Layaway is not offered for online purchases.
How it works:
- There’s no opening fee
- Down payment is $10 or 10%, whichever is greater
- Minimums – Individual items must be $15 or greater. Total purchases must be $50 or greater
- Terms – Final payment and pickup must be made on or before December 15 at the same store layaway was initiated (or order will be canceled).
- Cancellation – If account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Down payment and payments made will be refunded, less a $10 cancellation fee.
- Returns – Walmart Returns Policy applies to all layaway transactions.
Pickup & pay:
- Location – Layaway is initiated and picked up at the Service Desk. Payments can be made at any register.
- Timing – Some layaway items may be stored at a location other than where the layaway account was opened. All items stored remotely will be available for pickup within 10 days of paying the balance due, but no later than December 15, 2014.
- In stores only (not available for online purchases)
- Available for electronics, toys, select sporting goods, small appliances and jewelry
- Excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
- Layaway not available on Friday, November 28th.
See your local Walmart store’s service desk for more details.